Friday 17 Oct 2014, 5:00pm-9:00pm PRE-CONFERENCE SYMPOSIUM AND DINNER
Saturday 18 Oct 2014, 9:30am-5:00pm MAIN CONFERENCE
University of Gloucestershire
GL50 2RH UK
What were the original ideals of the university and how do they relate to what the university has become today? How can new ideas of ethical, embodied transformative practice help to reimagine and revitalize the university?
The conference is for educators, practitioners and researchers from different disciplines who are interested in innovative approaches to teaching and learning in higher education including:
- embodied teaching and learning methods that involve the whole human being in the learning process.
- participatory learning that challenges and redefines how valid knowledge is created.
- learning that helps students develop into the ethical leaders of the future.
- inter-disciplinary practice that bridges the divide between arts, humanities and sciences as a way of opening up new approaches to learning and knowledge.
This collaborative event is organised by the University of Gloucestershire, Crossfields Institute, and Alanus University (Germany), with a contribution from the Ruskin Mill Field Centre
- There is no charge for this event. To book please see www.ecoling.net/conference
- For information about giving a presentation please email firstname.lastname@example.org