Job Vacancy: Qualification Development and Assessment Manager
What we do
Crossfields Institute is a registered charity that was founded in 2007 with the aim of enabling education providers with a holistic and integrative approach to improve the quality of what they do and offer certification to students.
We are a vision-based organisation, meaning that through our activities our aim is to contribute positively to making the world a better place, while also providing high-quality services to our clients. Our belief is that education has the power and potential to be a force of positive change in the world, if used in the right way, and as an organisation we are on an action research journey to discover what this means in practice. We invite those with whom we collaborate to join us in this inquiry.
Crossfields Institute is looking to recruit a Qualification Development and Assessment Manager for the Awarding Organisation (AO) based in Stroud, Gloucestershire.
The post-holder will take a leading role in developing the activities of the Awarding Organisation, working alongside our Administration Manager and under the guidance of the Responsible Officer. The role will involve developing our portfolio whilst promoting continuous improvements and excellent client relations. As such we need a flexible, dynamic and enthusiastic individual who is also able to work with attention to detail and manage their own workload.
This will be a 32 hours per week role (flexible with minimum of 16 hrs per week in Stroud office), this is an exciting and varied position with excellent career development progression opportunities for the right candidate who shares our passion to support good education for all.
Some of the main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- manage and develop our portfolio of qualifications and programmes
- oversee assessment and quality assurance processes
- promote continuous improvement across all Crossfields Institute approved centres
- contribute to the development of the Institute’s vision and strategic plan
Skills and Abilities
- A high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- A positive can-do attitude and proactive thinker
- Ability to multi-task and adapt easily to new situations
- Ability to manage, prioritise and organise own workload and use initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Experience in delivering or managing assessment (Essential)
- Experience in providing education or training (Essential)
- Experience in working for an Awarding Organisation (Desirable)
- Experience in working in a small business environment. (Desirable)
- Experience of working in the education or charity sector (Desirable)
- Level 6 qualification (First Degree or equivalent) and demonstrable experience as an administrative manager or equivalent role.
- Excellent IT literacy.
Crossfields Institute is an awarding organisation regulated by Ofqual (the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation). Ofqual is the regulator of qualifications and examinations in England and therefore of awarding organisations in England. Crossfields Institute is a charity working to promote holistic, integrative education and the awarding organisation develops specialist qualifications using subject expertise from vision-based organisations, centres and colleges in the UK and overseas.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £30,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Flexible hours
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Pet friendly
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT A COVERING LETTER AND COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM
CLOSING DATE: 13th July 2021